Terrariums are a great idea for those who have small space for living but they love gardening. The Terrariums are small in size and also required low – maintenance. It is also space-saving and makes your home or workplace beautiful. But before starting a terrarium garden in your home you must know what things are required for it.
In this article, we will talk about these things. It is just like a small mini–garden. These containers are typically transparent like glass or plastic.
The Terrarium Workshop comes under two variations open and closed. The closed or sealed one has a removable lid while the open terrarium doesn’t.
If you want a terrarium inside the home or office desk then the closed container is best for you. Because these plants release water vapour. The vapour collects onto the walls of the vessel and trickles down to the soil.
Things you require for making a home garden are, a small container of glass or plastic in which you can put plants, rocks for plant base, most important soil, plant which you want to put in the container, spoon and a long tweezers for putting in all the material.
Here’s a brief guide about the terrariums that will help you to know more about this amazing glass jar.
How to start it
- You don’t need to buy a special container for the terrarium; you can use the soda bottle, fish tank or fishbowl, or vase for this process. In the terrarium workshop, these types of guidance are always provided by them.
- Fill that container with half amount of the layer of soil. You may lay rocks as your first layer in the terrarium but this is also up to personal preference.
- Add some large rocks of driftwood to it.
- After it removes the plant from its container – you just have to lightly massage the roots to loosen the roots from the soil.
- After it positions the plants in the thin layer of soil and after it adds the second layer of soil just around the plant.
- Do creative things as you learned in the workshop like mix up plants, colours, and sizes. The foliage plants are best and they’re growing slowly. Always avoid fast-growing plants.
You can put in different plants like ferns, dwarf palms, or air plants. The ferns plant is difficult to grow without terrariums.
Benefits of Terrariums
- You can grow those plants that are difficult to grow in dry air or the season of winter. It is really a good idea to own a mini garden. Some of the plants don’t need daily water so you are free from this duty on a daily basis.
Its main benefits are that it requires low maintenance for the most part but we will guide you and give you some suggestions so that you can keep your terrarium long-lasting and healthy.
Always remove yellow or brown leaves from any plants in your terrarium. The yellowness is a sign of the pest. So this is a little guide for your little garden. Always keep these points in mind.